JMAS Tax Clinic 2017
On the weekend of March 25th and 26th, Concordia’s John Molson Accounting Society (JMAS),
a University student-run organization, will be preparing income tax returns FREE of charge for Québec residents.
During the weekend of March 25-26th, 2017, Concordia’s John Molson Accounting Society (JMAS) will be preparing income tax returns FREE OF CHARGE for Quebec residents.
John Molson School of Business
MB Building, Lobby/Entrance Floor
1450 Rue Guy, Montreal, H3H 0A1
Doors Open: at 10:00 a.m.
Doors Close: at 5:00 p.m.
Participants will be served on a FIRST COME FIRST SERVE basis
- Individual: Maximum income of $25,000 or less
- Couples: Combined income of $30,000 or less
- Individual with a dependant: $30,000 or less
- Additional $2,000 in income per dependent
- Total interest and investment income < $1,000 or less
- ***Must be a resident of Quebec***
Those who do not meet the above requirements are NOT eligible for the tax clinic.
People ineligible for the tax clinic:
- Capital gains or Losses
- Self-Employment Income
- Rental Income
- Foreign Income
Personal Documents and required information:
- Social Insurance Number (SIN)
- Residency status for tax purposes.
- Consult CRA website for more information : CRA Website – Status
- Your Notice of Assessment 2015 (If possible)
- All official slips that will be sent to you by a Ministry or Government body, your employer, your financial institution, your school, or others.
- For more information, click on the Slips tab
- All receipts related to possible Tax Credits
- For more information, click on the Credits tab
Some fees entitle you to benefits from tax credits, here is a partial list of these fees:
Public transportation, Childcare expenses, expenses related to children’s activities (physical and artistic activities), medial expenses, interest on your student loans, and more.
For an extensive list of possible tax credits, please visit: